Một số idioms phổ biến trong Speaking
1. Bump into – to meet someone by chance: tình cờ gặp ai đó
E.g: I bumped into my old friends at the seminar for education officials.
2. A drop in the ocean – every small part of something much bigger. (không thấm vào đâu)
E.g: Just learning idioms is a drop in the ocean when it comes to preparing for the
3. Work flat out – work very hard (làm việc cật lực)
E.g: The employees have been working flat out to get the job finished ahead of the deadline.
4.The in thing – something fashionable. (hợp mốt)
E.g: The new iPhone is really the in thing at the moment.
5. Make a fuss over – overly care for someone/something (làm ầm lên)
E.g: Whenever they visit Grandma she makes a fuss over the children.
6. Run of the mill – average, ordinary (không có gì đặc biệt, bình thường)
E.g: Apple phones are very run of the mill these days.
7. Far-fetched – khó tin, khó có thể xảy ra
E.g: The government’s choice for the new Defense Secretary seemed pretty farfetched to the opposition party.
8. Ace – to do well. Usually used relating to a test, competition, something with a score, or a clear winner or loser. (làm rất xuất sắc) E.g: He aced the history test. He is an ace pitcher/batter/tennis player.
9. A hot potato – a controversial topic (vấn đề khó giải quyết, vấn đề nan giải)
E.g: Abortion and capital punishment are hot potatoes in my country at the moment.
Chia sẻ nếu bạn thấy hữu ích: